The Story of A Training Ride (6/22/20)


The plan was to start my ride at 6:30 am.

Arrived at Haymarket Walmart - 6:45 am (already late)
Got bike out of the car, shoes on, helmet on and ready to go – 6:50 am
Realized I forgot my 3 filled bottles of Gatorade in the refrigerator at home - @(#$!!!! (but thank goodness I chose the ride that starts at a Walmart).
Took everything off, put bike back in the car, and stood in line for Walmart to open – 7:00 am
Walmart opened late – 7:05 am
Bought new water bottles and Gatorade – 7:10 am
Back to car - one of the three bottle of Gatorade fell out of plastic bag, rolled under car and into one of 3 grates in the entire parking lot – 7:15 am
Bought replacement Gatorade – 7:20 am
Started ride – 7:30 am
Dropped chain on my way out of parking lot – 7:31 (because, of course)
Started ride for real – 7:33 am

Riding Report:
Actual riding - C
Not just saying #@$* it and going home - A++

Comments