Whoops...Boston Marathon misprint (7/17/07)

I have some amazing and incredibly supportive friends...so supportive that you all allowed me to live a lie for 4 months!

I was extremely excited about running the Boston Marathon last March and, in spite of some really unpleasant conditions, it went incredibly well. In fact, I ran my best time ever - 3 hours, 22 minutes, and 55 seconds. Apparently I was so excited about the whole experience that when I got back to DC and wrote my myspace blog I miswrote my time as "2 hours, 22 minutes and 55 seconds". Huh, that would make me....well, it would make me incredible (and probably either Kenyan or Russian).

Well, that's embarrassing! Luckily, my friend Dana just visited my myspace page for the first time and wrote a very nice email congratulating me on the amazing time, leading me to look back over the original posting, where I discovered my false claim and realized that I've been living a lie.

So, thank you all for your faith in me and in my running abilities but, no, I didn't run the Boston Marathon in 2 hours and 22 minutes (although I really wish that I had!).
I guess I do have a goal for New York in November, though. :)

Comments