Normal (3/6/08)

I'm in a wonderful, fabulous, completely fantastic mood today. I'm excited to be alive and when I look at the amazing world around me I'm overcome with joy at being a part of it. Every experience is a new opportunity and everyone I see is somebody I want to talk to. The future is fully of hope and possibility and I'm excited to step out and make things better.

Gosh Faith, why the positiv-ity? Not that it's out of character for your typically cynical and sarcastic self but, well, ok yeah it's a little bit out of character for your typically cynical and sarcastic self.

Well, I'll tell you why. After 3 days of feeling awful...of having an achy throat, of having a stuffy and sore nose, of feeling like my head was going to explode, of not being able to do anything but lay in my bed motionless, of not wanting to do anything but lay in my bed motionless, of being home from work and not even wanting to watch Oprah, of not eating anything because the sheer dread of standing up and finding something edible outweighed the minor discomfort of an empty stomache, of not having the energy to pick up my phone when my parents call (well, ok, that's pretty typical), of being absolutely, positively, want-to-die miserable, I FEEL NORMAL AGAIN!

There's just something so special about that first day of normalcy after a bout with gross-ness, isn't there? All of a sudden things like walking to the copy machine and making a copy is a truly moving experience and a cup of coffee is a little taste of heaven. Talking to people again is fun and I genuinely want to know how they are and how they feel about things like life... and the election... and the weather!

Life is beautiful!
------------------

Update: I actually wrote this last Thursday (which was my first day back from the ickies). It's now Thursday of following week and while I am still happy to be feeling good, the magic is gone and feeling normal is back to being an expectation rather than a miracle.

Re-reading it is nice though. What an amazing high...is there a non-addictive-drug way of holding on to that feeling because life would be way better.

Sigh.

Comments