Huh??? (9/14/07)

I woke up this morning excited to start a new day. Remembering it was a Friday I smiled to myself thinking, "gosh, Faith, isn't it great to be alive and looking forward to a full day of work and the fun-filled weekend ahead?" (I know, weird right? and I didn't even watch "The Secret last night!) Full of positive energy and ready to take on my day I stepped out my door to find there, in the middle of the hallway, a pile of poop.

How did it get there? I live in the middle of the city in a building with enclosed, carpeted hallways. There is not a breezeway and the hallway is not open-air, leading me to believe that this pile of poop must have come from:

A) somebody's cat who was roaming the hallway
B) an extremely large rodent of some kind
C) a small child

After taking each possibility into account I realized that in my building each of the potential answers was entirely possible and that none of the answers were the least bit comforting - a pile of poop is a pile of poop, regardless of where it came from or how it got there. It simply is what it is.

Yet another moment where I am left to simply wrinkle my nose and mutter "huh?" in a questioning tone.

God Bless Washington DC.

Comments